Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Top Ten Reasons Top Ten Lists Are Popular


  1. They are often witty. Wittier than you.

  2. Who doesn't like thinking something they have thought about is the norm?

  3. Easier to write than paragraphs.

  4. Easier to read than paragraphs.

  5. Allow the author to state their beliefs as truths. Doesn't matter if they even mean to or not.

  6. They are the new Members Only Jacket.

  7. Offer information that might otherwise be missed. People are lazy.

  8. Blogs and social networking sites love them. That makes them A-O-K.

  9. Everything you read on the Internet is true. Right?

  10. David Letterman be damned, I'm the king of lists!



Yes, I know I've already done a Top 10. If you don't like this one ... tough.

As I started to write this I figured I wasn't the only person to think of this idea. Turns out I was correct. This was done over on Modern Life last year. Go read that link, it was pretty good.

No comments: